- Administration and compliance of the codes and standards adopted from the State of North Carolina that regulate building construction.
- Administration and compliance of the Clay County Ordinances as they relate to building and properties located in Clay County.
- Provide information to the public and to assist them in understanding and the application of the adopted codes and ordinances.
- Insure that those individuals and companies that do business in Clay County meet the regulatory standards set forth in state statutes and local ordinances for the business and occupation in which they are operating.
- Assist the citizens and community in the recovery process resulting from disasters such as floods and fires
33 Main Street
P.O. Box 118
Hayesville, NC 28904
Phone: (828) 389-0274
Fax: (828) 389-9875
- Department Director:
- Administrative Assistant:
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (office closed for lunch 12:00 to 1:00)
Permit Application Online and Inspection Requests Online:
2012 NC Energy Efficiency Certificate (PDF)
Visual Inspection Form – 2012 Energy Code (PDF)
Air Sealing: Testing Option Form – 2012 Energy Code (PDF)
Duct Air Leakage Testing Form – 2012 Energy Code (PDF)
Subcontractor Verification Form (PDF)
General Requirements for Inspections (PDF)
Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)