This page will include resources for residents to report issues or request assistance during and after a catastrophic event (hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.). Note that emergency response times will be slower than normal due to expected travel difficulty and an increased demand.
Clay County will provide updates during and after the event through our free, real time alert system Nixle ( http://www.nixle.com). You can sign up for text alerts by texting “claycounty” (all one word) to 888-777.
- Blue Ridge Mountain EMC: 1-800-292-6456
- Clay County water customers should report water line breaks and other water-related emergencies by calling 828-389-1361.
Downed Trees & debris:
- For downed trees and other debris in a roadway, assure that you are in a safe location and call 9-1-1
- For downed trees on private property contact the primary insurer of the property and then contact a private debris removal company
- Report flooding in roadways by calling 9-1-1